Mr. Kaźmierczak collects data in the field, conducts field observations, performs quality tests, causation and condition assessments, performs simulations of failures, and recommends remediation procedures and materials.
He also contributes his knowledge and experience to solve disputes among parties of construction process and serves as an expert witness.
He was involved in major forensic investigations in the South East region of the U.S., providing assistance in evaluation of property damage. He is skilled in cause-and-origin investigations and analyses, like-kind repair analyses and estimates, separation of the pre-existing damage, and building code analyses. He specializes in architectural glass and glazing: (i.e. curtain walls, skylights, windows, and glazed doors). Thoroughly familiar with insurance adjusting and a current holder of the Florida license.
As a forensic expert, he investigated high-profile cases, such as the collapse of the monumental skylight in Embassy Suites hotel in Hunt Valley, Maryland, the tornado damage to the Georgia Dome, Georgia World Congress Center, and CNN Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and wind, flood, fire, and smoke damage to the Oakwood Center Mall, New Orleans, LA.
However, the expert witness services are incidental to his main line of work, which is design and construction assistance of building enclosures.
Typical Scope of Services:
- Assistance in evaluation of casualty & property damage
- Cause & origin investigations/analyses
- Remediation design
- Preliminary cost estimates
- Like-kind repair analyses
- Review of building documentation
- Code analyses
- Building-code violations
- Identification of standard of care
- Risk management analyses
- Due diligence audits
- Ownership transition (take-over) assessments
- Underwriting assistance
- Negotiations with contractors
- Air, water, thermal, and structural testing
- Construction dispute resolution assistance
- Pre-existing conditions evaluation
- Failure, damage, wear and tear evaluation
- Depositions and court testimony